Reduce the required to develop and manage Oracle databases
- Automate tasks so you can be more proactive and productive.
- Enable development teams to collaborate and share projects, code and reports.
- Achieve the highest levels of code quality, performance and maintainability with less manual effort.
- Manage all essential components of your Oracle environment.
- Quickly identify and diagnose the root cause of performance inefficiencies to minimize risks to the production environment.
- Have greater confidence when deploying new apps or making changes to existing apps.
- Utilize similar tools across other database platforms.
- Leverage a community of millions, including peers and experts.
- Shorten development cycles without compromising quality or increasing risks.
- Implement consistent and repeatable processes and best practices.
- Quickly pinpoint and resolve database performance inefficiencies.
- Automate SQL optimization.
- Automate and schedule complex or routine database tasks.
- Ensure functional accuracy and scalability with automated testing.
- Reduce the learning curve for additional databases.
Toad for Oracle Product
Toad for Oracle Base Edition offers a wide range of features for building and maintaining database programs, including PL/SQL and SQL scripts. It includes a robust, integrated debugging suite for PL/SQL and SQL*Plus scripts. It also includes Toad Data Modeler to simplify data modeling and design across multiple database platforms at no additional cost.
Toad for Oracle Professional Edition includes all Toad for Oracle Base Edition features, plus Code Analysis, which automates code-quality reviews to ensure they’re objective and consistent. By incorporating rules from seasoned Oracle experts, you have a virtual database guru at your fingertips to advise you on your code. You also have the ability to adjust rules to suit your company or project. Code reviews generate a performance scorecard for your code. Toad for Oracle Professional Edition includes Data Generation, which populates tables with multiple rows of realistic data for functional testing.
Toad for Oracle Xpert Edition includes all of the features in Toad for Oracle Professional Edition, plus integrated SQL and PL/SQL performance tuning. This is accessible through the Toad Editor’s Auto Optimize SQL feature for quick and simple single-statement optimization or separately through SQL Optimizer for Oracle. SQL Optimizer automates the validation of SQL and PL/SQL to ensure the best possible performance. It scans SQL and PL/SQL code, identifies potential performance issues and, if better-performing SQL alternatives exist, it generates the replacement code for immediate implementation into the code base.
Through SQL Optimizer, Toad for Oracle Xpert Edition can also generate index creation options based on continuous database SQL execution workload. It performs index-impact analysis in a test environment to determine the overall performance impact of those changes. Code Analysis within Xpert Edition enables dynamic code-violation notifications as well as scanning code for SQL tuning candidates.
Toad for Oracle Developer Edition comprises all functionality found in Toad for Oracle Xpert Edition, plus Code Tester for Oracle and Benchmark Factory® for Databases. Many organizations are finding that database development has become a bottleneck in an otherwise agile application delivery process. Teams are under pressure to shorten project delivery timelines, which used to mean sacrificing quality or increasing risk. Toad for Oracle Developer Edition gives you the power to implement consistent, repeatable database development processes so you can meet business requirements, and make your organization more agile. Extensive automation and collaboration functionalities make it easy to blaze through development cycles and minimize risks. You can:
- Design and develop. Ensure that code is properly designed, meets functional requirements and is error-free.
- Test and review. Move beyond manual code reviews, create high-quality code faster, automate testing throughout the development and release process, optimize code, and conduct scalability testing.
- Deploy. Properly prepare for deployment by ensuring consistent code quality standards across your project, and get clear insight in to the performance and quality of your code.
- Automate. Ensure coding consistency and your own productivity throughout the database development life cycle — including development, testing and deployment — through automation.
- Collaborate. Easily work with team members, peers and database experts through various built-in collaboration workflows, including integration with the Toad World community.
Toad for Oracle DBA Edition is an integrated suite that includes Toad for Oracle Xpert Edition, Spotlight® on Oracle, Toad Data Modeler and Benchmark Factory for Databases, plus the Toad DB Admin Module. This suite is also available in a DBA RAC Edition and an Exadata Edition. Toad for Oracle DBA Edition enables you to become more proactive by automating maintenance, ensuring optimal performance and mitigating the risk of change. You can:
- Administer your work and automate repetitive, routine tasks, including the management of users, roles, infrastructure and utilities for on premises and cloud databases.
- Manage performance by quickly pinpointing and resolving system, database and application performance issues and proactively avoiding future occurrences.
- Manage change through stress testing to predict and understand the impact of changes before deployment, ensuring successful database migrations and upgrades without risk to the business.
- Collaborate by sharing scripts, knowledge and best practices with other DBAs and development teams to improve workflow and quality
Toad for Oracle DB Admin Module ensures database health and stability. Its Database Browser is the essential database administration console, providing navigation across multiple databases and deep object-level browsing for any Oracle database using an embedded schema browser. The Database Monitor alerts you to performance issues that can be diagnosed with Spotlight on Oracle. The DB Admin Module health check allows you to execute a nearly 300-point inspection across multiple virtualized databases with categories that include vulnerability assessment, configuration (including Oracle RAC and usage of Oracle options, OEM management packs and Exadata), as well as performance and storage.
The Trace File Browser enables DBAs to view Oracle trace file information in much more detail in order to isolate issues faster. Automation Designer will help automate many routine tasks saving DBAs hours of time across all their managed databases.