DB2 database administration and streamline SQL development and performance
- Reduces the total cost of IBM DB2 ownership
- Provides a common look and feel across database platforms
- Improves SQL quality through automatic optimization
- Enhances data security and reduces the chance of user errors
- Improves productivity via a featurerich, intuitive graphical user interface
- Integrates seamlessly with our database development lifecycle tools to provide a complete database development solution
- SQL management — Toad’s SQL Editor integrates SQL modeling, so you can visually create SQL queries. Formatting and debugging features provide SQL refinement, while SQL optimization simplifies writing efficient, reliable statements. You can also import data and export query results in a variety of formats, including XML and Excel.
- Object management — You can browse, create, clone and alter database objects and permissions via intuitive GUI-based wizards. You can also view advanced object properties and DDL as well as create HTML or PDF schema reports for the objects.
- Task automation — Toad for DB2 offers several features to help you work more efficiently.Not only does the streamlined workflow help you easily move from one task to another, but you can also automate frequent and repetitive tasks and effortlessly manage projects.
- Customizable user interface — Customizable, advanced object filters reduce the time spent navigating through databases by allowing you to show only the objects of interest. There are hundreds of user settings for various display options, such as which windows and object types to show, how SQL is formatted and which data grids are displayed. This allows you to tweak the user interface to suit your workflow. Best of all, these settings are saved, so you don’t need to repeat the customization every time you start Toad.
- Migration/compare and sync — The migration option allows you to easily move database objects across subsystems or databases. Consistent catalog statistics can also be included in the migration across different environments for effective SQL testing. The compare-and-sync feature lets you conduct analysis to compare database objects, report on differences, and then synchronize objects across multiple subsystems or databases. This capability applies to reusable global change masks, save/reuse migration projects and statistics migration.
- Toad security — As an administrator, you cancustomize theToaduserinterface based on user profiles,so thatusers haveaccess only to thedatatheyneed to work with, thus reducing thechance of manual errors.